Stained Glass Association of America
106th Annual Summer Conference
June 10-12, 2015
- [Link] Main Information Page
- [PDF] Conference Advertisement from the Winter 2014 issue of The Stained Glass Quarterly.
- [PDF] Summer Conference class information from the Winter 2014 issue of The Stained Glass Quarterly.
- [PDF] Conference Advertisement from the Fall 2014 issue of The Stained Glass Quarterly.
- [PDF] Summer Conference classes information from the Fall 2014 issue of The Stained Glass Quarterly.
- [PDF] Conference Advertisement from the Summer 2014 issue of The Stained Glass Quarterly.
Double Tree Hotel: Standard Single and Double Queen Rate—$139, Premium King or Double Queen Rate—$149 • Free Parking and Free WiFi
Uroboros Glass Studios welcomes you to Portland! Eric and Lorna with their great team at Uroboros have worked with the Conference Committee to create an incredible conference. Details are still being put in place, but here are a few of the highlights you won’t want to miss!
Tentative Conference Schedule (subject to changes and additions)
Monday and Tuesday, June 8 & 9: Pre-Conference Classes
- Traditional Painting, Intro to Fusing, Airbrush Techniques, Special Painting Techniques, Laminating
Wednesday, June 10: Technical Lectures
- Uroboros welcome, History
- Carmen Reynolds — Capacity of Glass
- Walt Gordinier — Conceptual Designing
- Rich Lamothe — Large Scale Lamination Concepts
- Jon Rarick — Reusche Technical Lecture
Thursday, June 11: Lectures
- Business Panel — Paul Pickel
- Savoy Studios — Dan LeGree
- Davd Schlicker — Povey and the History of Stained Glass in Portland
- Judson Studios — David Judson
- Roger Thomas — Fusing Lecture
- Restoration Committee Lecture
- Awards Banquet
Friday, June 12: Stained Glass Tour
- Bullseye Glass
- Savoy Studios — totally awesome! Lecture will set up what you will see on tour.
- Uroboros, lunch, tour, shopping!
- Those who wish to return to hotel will take one bus. Those who wish will go on a
- walking tour of several historic churches and return to the hotel on the Red Line.
Saturday, June 13: Post Conference Garden Tour — Extra Fee
- We will be in Portland as all the flowers are blooming. This is a once- a-year opportunity for the gardeners, flower lovers, and those who enjoy something very special in the SGAA.
- Chinese Gardens, Formal Japanese Gardens, Rose Test Garden, and The Grotto